• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help APN error wirh 3G and WIFI

Donoc

Jun 22, 2010
Poland
Hello.

It's my first post. Hello Android people:)

I have and a lot of guys - problem with APNdroid.

When we use it after fresh restart of Samsung i5700 internet connection with 3G/GPRS/hsdpa (etc) works perfect. We can enable and disable APNdroid and everything is ok.

But problems comes when we want to use WIFI.
After disable APNDdroid connection to 3G/GPRS/hsdpa (etc), we can use WIFI.
When we turn off WIFI and enable APNdroid we don;t have connection to network mentioned above.

Please advise how to solve it.

Best Regards

Hi Donoc,

I'm from the Philippines. I did not use APNdroid to disable and enable the 3G functions.

I called up my network provider which is "Globe" and they advised me to just add another network name.

Their original APN is "internet.globe.com.ph" -

They told me to add APN called "internet.globe.com.p" - this will shut out the internet functionality but the calling and sending of sms will still work.

If I want to use 3G I go to settings and use the original APN. If I do not want to be charged 3G, I go to settings and choose the other APN.

No need to change WIfI settings. This will go on and off automatically if it senses Wifi.

Hope this helps in your country.

Reactions: Donoc
Upvote 0
Hi Donoc,

I'm from the Philippines. I did not use APNdroid to disable and enable the 3G functions.

I called up my network provider which is "Globe" and they advised me to just add another network name.

They told me to add APN called "internet.globe.com.p" - this will shut out the internet functionality but the calling and sending of sms will still work.

If I want to use 3G I go to settings and use the original APN. If I do not want to be charged 3G, I go to settings and choose the other APN.

No need to change WIfI settings. This will go on and off automatically if it senses Wifi.

Yes it helped me.

You can install also ApnSwitcher(Beta) from erogum
and switch from your desktop which APN you want to use :)

Best Regards from the other side of the globe :D

Upvote 0
Hi Donoc,

sir from philippines din po ako tapos ang gamit ko is samsung gt i5700 globe dn po, panu po ba mag 3g d2? ung para pwede mag supersurf? thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones