• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

APN for H+ devices

The APN is your carrier's settings, they have nothing to do with the phone. Look your carrier's APN settings up on line - like

metropcs apn settings

or call their tech support number and ask them for the settings. (The APN settings are like an address - you know yours, but it doesn't depend on what car I drive. All cars that drive to your house - regardless of make or model - go to the same address. All phones using 4G on MetroPCS use the same APN settings.)

Reactions: new optimus
Upvote 0
The APN is your carrier's settings, they have nothing to do with the phone. Look your carrier's APN settings up on line - like

metropcs apn settings

or call their tech support number and ask them for the settings. (The APN settings are like an address - you know yours, but it doesn't depend on what car I drive. All cars that drive to your house - regardless of make or model - go to the same address. All phones using 4G on MetroPCS use the same APN settings.)

Thanks but I know what an APN is..I just wanted to make sure fast.metropcs.com was for h+ not just LTE you could had told me that... Do you have a moto g? Do you access the menu on your phone using *#*#4636#*#* because I can use that to force my current phone to stay umts or wcdma or LTE. Searching for the APN doesn't really bring results and I don't have the phone in my possession for tech support but thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
here is mine

Attachments

• metro1.jpg
    metro1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 399
  • metro2.jpg
    metro2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 335
  • metro3.jpg
    metro3.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: DirtyDee
Upvote 0
DirtyDee, I'm sure you know this but open settings and under data there should be a more selection then mobile data then mobile network then access point names. Those settings have been the same since ice cream sandwich I believe.

Also a quick easy way to access the hidden menu you are talking about, download battery monitor widget. when you open that you will see test in the bottom right corner open that and there is the phone info tab, then your in.

Reactions: DirtyDee
Upvote 0
DirtyDee, I'm sure you know this but open settings and under data there should be a more selection then mobile data then mobile network then access point names. Those settings have been the same since ice cream sandwich I believe.

Also a quick easy way to access the hidden menu you are talking about, download battery monitor widget. when you open that you will see test in the bottom right corner open that and there is the phone info tab, then your in.

So the issue was in the hidden menu I put to wcdma preferred and things were good again thanks a lot for the APN setting and the widget to help me get there. One question why do we have. Prl sticky and not an APN sticky?

Upvote 0
So the issue was in the hidden menu I put to wcdma preferred and things were good again thanks a lot for the APN setting and the widget to help me get there. One question why do we have. Prl sticky and not an APN sticky?
I think because metro is so new to gsm/apn. It might be a good idea to create a thread on it and we can ask a mod to sticky it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones