1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

APN on slim bean

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dizzle16, Jul 27, 2013.

1. dizzle16

dizzle16 Android Enthusiast

Just flashed slim bean. Can't find where I access my apn settings for mms. The ROM doesn't come with a voice dialer app. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

I would try running boostmmsfix.zip. its always worked for me on aosp. Flash in recovery. Here's the file:

Attached Files:

dizzle16 likes this.
  3. dizzle16

Thanks. I flashed that but it still doesn't work. Any other ideas. I really like this ROM

4. dizzle16

Gotta quote myself lol. It's saying it sent. Thanks amigo

5. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Did u try a picture message?

6. dizzle16

I was able to send one. My wife is trying to send me one but her signal is crappy. Of I was able to send one I should be able to receive one right?

7. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Yes, if you were able to send the MMS successfully, then you will be able to receive the MMS.

8. dizzle16

Okay correction, I have not got the message she sent me. He phone is saying it was sent at 12:25 last night. She did receive the message I sent though

9. dizzle16

Forget about it. Ask a question, do some digging, and solve it myself lol. I edited my APN using Google gesture search. That zip file does edit the mmsc url to mm.myboostmobile.com, but it doesn't edit the mmsc proxy of mmsc proxy port. Both of which were blank when I went in to the APN settings. But I have received a pic message from my wife. I like slim bean, pretty stable and smooth aosp.

Attached Files:

greg schmeg and Doc like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Thanks dizzle, that's some excellent info man... kudos.....:thumb:

11. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Interesting. I may just throw that .zip away and always do it manually.

12. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

When it is just a simple setting change, I always prefer to do it manually instead of flashing a zip file in recovery. That way it leaves less chance of having a disaster from flashing the wrong file or flashing something when the battery is too low.

greg schmeg likes this.
  13. dizzle16

Thank you guys for the help. Much appreciated

Doc likes this.
  14. dizzle16

Funny thing is I downloaded that zip file last weekend when I tried pac man and dirty unicorns. Pac man allows you to edit the APN in the normal settings, dirty unicorn didn't but I figured that zip did something right because it allowed me to send it yesterday. But I agree with germ, if possible I'd like to do it manually more so I can't blame anyone if my phone gets screwed up lol. I guess I'm a control freak like that lol

15. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Ya using that file is an old habit. I'm pretty stuck on TW right now thanks to Project X, and haven't been on aosp in a while. I'm gonna toss it.