1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apndroid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by violentlyseren, Jan 12, 2011.

1. violentlyseren

None

Jan 12, 2011
    Student, office admin/tutor/ta
    PNW, US
    I just got a Mytouch after having a g1 and I really love it but ihave a problem. One of my favorite apps isn't working on this phone. APNDroid installs and appears to turn off data in the status bar when I open something like the market, it pops right back up. Is this something that's just part of android 2.0 or is there some kind of workaround?

I'd like to set up a tasker profile for turning on data every so often so I can save the battery but would really like to avoid using airplane mode for that since I want to get texts and calls all day.

Advertisement

2. RavenWulf

RavenWulf Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    Have you tried using the stock power control widget and turning off mobile data?

3. violentlyseren

None

Jan 12, 2011
    PNW, US
    The only data data widget I've found is the 2g/3g one in the power control widget with the bluetooth, gps, and whatever else is on there. Where is this one located?

APNDroid naturally decided to work perfectly last night after I posted this but I'd like to give the built in one a shot.

4. RavenWulf

RavenWulf Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    I forgot I'm using the port of the Desire HD and it has a widget for "Network" under "Browse All HTC Widgets" and under Settings>Wireless & Networks it has a checkable box for turning off "Mobile Network"... can't remember if stock ROM has that setting.
    Does stock ROM have "Settings" under widgets? I'm only asking because when I tap "Settings" in the widgets menu one of my options is the "Network" widget for tapping network off/on

violentlyseren likes this.
  5. violentlyseren

None

Jan 12, 2011
    PNW, US
    There's a settings but it goes to the settings menu, not settings widgets. No big deal, apndroid works now anyway so I've got exactly what I wanted.