1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

App 2 SD

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Dragonboy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Dragonboy

Dragonboy Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Hi everyone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Prevail, it's an okay phone. I wanted to ask a question or two. Being that there are so many publishers on the Market, how can you tell which ones are the best? Also, I am looking to an app 2 sd card application, so I was wondering which one works good?

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome to Android Forums!!

Great question about the apps! I read the reviews, lots and lots of reviews, to see what users say, and also look at the screen shots, and sometimes at the developer's other apps, to see the quality fo the apps. Usually that's enough to give good info. You can also search the app name to see what the buzz on the internet is about it, if it's a popular app.

In terms of app 2 sd, I'm not familiar with them because Android does it natively as of 2.2.

3. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
  4. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Iowa
    Does App2SD have more ability to get apps to the SD card than 2.2, or does it also have to do with what each cell carrier enables as well?

5. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    App2SD follows the same principles of moving apps to SD card as established by the OS version and apps programming. Cell carriers don't determine what can be moved or not.

If you are on OS v2.3, then you are able to move more pieces to SD card.
    However, if an app is not programmed to move, then you can't do that simply by using such App2SD apps.

There is a method for unrooted users to force all apps move to SD card using Android SDK. A guide is posted in Desire forum section: http://androidforums.com/desire-tip...ore-most-apps-sd-without-root-simplified.html

The best solution however remains to root the phone and use custom ROMs.

kmf likes this.