• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App 2 SD

Dragonboy

Lurker
Jul 16, 2011
Hi everyone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Prevail, it's an okay phone. I wanted to ask a question or two. Being that there are so many publishers on the Market, how can you tell which ones are the best? Also, I am looking to an app 2 sd card application, so I was wondering which one works good?

Welcome to Android Forums!!

Great question about the apps! I read the reviews, lots and lots of reviews, to see what users say, and also look at the screen shots, and sometimes at the developer's other apps, to see the quality fo the apps. Usually that's enough to give good info. You can also search the app name to see what the buzz on the internet is about it, if it's a popular app.

In terms of app 2 sd, I'm not familiar with them because Android does it natively as of 2.2.

Upvote 0
Does App2SD have more ability to get apps to the SD card than 2.2, or does it also have to do with what each cell carrier enables as well?
App2SD follows the same principles of moving apps to SD card as established by the OS version and apps programming. Cell carriers don't determine what can be moved or not.

If you are on OS v2.3, then you are able to move more pieces to SD card.
However, if an app is not programmed to move, then you can't do that simply by using such App2SD apps.

There is a method for unrooted users to force all apps move to SD card using Android SDK. A guide is posted in Desire forum section: http://androidforums.com/desire-tip...ore-most-apps-sd-without-root-simplified.html

The best solution however remains to root the phone and use custom ROMs.

Reactions: kmf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones