• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[app[app question] using tin foil to increase FM Radio reception

Ok, theres an app called FM Radio, im sure most you have heard of it, if not used it before. What im wondering, and I know this sounds ridiculous but im seriously wondering if its true, is you know how you know how it uses the metal or whatever in your headphones cord to pick up an Fm signal?

Im wondering if you put tin foil on your head if that'll boost it and help you pick up weaker signals, like coast-to-coast or something... lol. Sterotypes aside, and not not looking like a mad man, does anybody think this could help? Id do it, but i dont want to walk around my place with a foil helmet proclaiming "Im trying to listen to my favorite song! Move, your blocking my signal!"

Growing up, our TV sets had antenae on top. One of the three channels that we could pick up never quite came in very clear. My dad had aluminum foil flags (I guess it was tiin foil back then) on the ends of the antenae. Of course the signal was always better, if someone was actually touching the antenae and also, of course, the signal was better based on your body position.

So make an aluminum foil cap, put it on your head, hold the headphone lead in one hand and stand on one foot. This combination should get you a wondeful signal.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones