1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

App Code

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tradedog, Jul 25, 2013.

1. tradedog

tradedog Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2012
    I came across something called App Code 2.1 today. Its an "app builder" and comes with all sorts of business advice, submitting, monetizing etc. Its expensive, $999.

Does anyone know if this is a serious piece of software which can shortcut the app making process or is learning to code the only real way forward? created by someone called Amish Shah.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    I have no idea but please be very careful with that! :beer:

3. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2012
    Or you can give me $900 and I'll build you an app(depending on what you need) :)

judging by his website and a google search this dude wants to be tony robbins, selling webinars and affiliate marketing programs to people who want to get rich.

Microsoft v. Shah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would steer clear. you can learn all you need to know for free, just takes a little while.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. tradedog

tradedog Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2012
    Thx OOI, my gut feeling is that if these guys are so hot at creating apps and monetizing them, why hand out anything that will create opposition to themselves.

Problem with app building is, to become a developer is a huge commitment in time (and lost earnings) learning to code. If you want to build an app from your "hot" idea and hand over the development to a paid developer you are investing way too much in one idea which statistically will probably fail.

Caught between a rock and a hard place.

5. jonbanjo

jonbanjo Well-Known Member
    None

May 26, 2013
    UK
    I don't know anything about this software but tools that can speed up some processes have been around a while. The first one I used was Delphi. It really was good for building forms and could save time but I don't believe it got you away from having some idea about structured programming and OOP. I could also suggest that MS Access is a great tool for quickly building a database app but if you don't know how to structure the underlying tables (eg. 3rd normal form) your app is likely to fall apart at some point.

So my own take (which, admittedly is coming from an amateur/occasional hobbyist) is to learn the basic building blocks first.

funkylogik likes this.