1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support App conflicting causing MMS not to work!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GMANLIVE, Dec 14, 2009.

1. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Ok I posted before about being unable to send MMS pics or ringtones. I took my Droid back to Verizon after calling support and they were unable to solve the problem even with Motos help. They suggested a hard reset to bring the phone back to defaut factory settings. I brought it Verizonwireless store and the did the hard reset. This worked!! I was able to send a pic right there in the store. I went home and restored my apps from mybackup and now I can't send MMS !! This sucks. Does anyone have any idea what app might be conflicting causing this to happen???

Advertisement

2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    I know when I had Meebo ( I think it was called? ) a music streaming APP I could not recieve sms/mms. I could send all day long but could not recieve on my Droid until I removed that app.

3. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I think I found the culprit or at least what I think may be the cause. I had the Droid hard reset at the store that night. When I restored my apps from the app "mybackup" I was back to square one not be able to send MMS messages. So I did another hard reset and downloaded my apps. I know I have a couple that I bought I need to figure out how to get those back but now I can send MMS no problems. Might be in the restore option ...because you have to open it up to thinking you aren't getting those apps from the Market. I am assuming it happens than.. not sure.

4. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    FWIW, I experienced the same frustration. Googling informed me of a couple of oddities discovered by users in mid-November -- a bug re the Droid + MMS combo; and, GV's refusal to relate to MMS at all. I'm rushing now, but if you run a search in the main Droid forum here >> mms droid bug << you'll hit it. Posted it this morning. Includes summary of problem, plus links to precise page/thread at HowardForums and GearLive with the gory details.