1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App confusion- need help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danshe, Apr 24, 2012.

1. danshe

danshe Lurker

I think this is day 3 of learning to use an android. I'm confused about how to run the applications. Do they have to be added as shortcuts or widgets to the screen?

Also I "installed" a couple of apps from google play- App 2 SD and a notepad plus an icon set. They don't show up anywhere on my phone and when I return to google play they show up as not installed. It doesn't look like the phone memory is full and the SD card is empty.

The apps that I successfully installed are launcher pro and beautiful widgets.

Thanks for all your help so far

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

Newly installed apps go into the app drawer. Unless it's been changed it is the center icon on your dock bar at bottom of screen. The icon is made up of squares in a grid. Click this icon to open app drawer and you can scroll all your apps.

If you press and hold one of your app icons you can start dragging it and it will allow you to drag it onto one of your home screens

3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Three questions for ya; Did you try to reinstall the apps from Google Play? If so, after they were finished installing did you get finished install type of notice on your notification bar? Where you installing from Google Play via 3G or WiFi?

4. danshe

danshe Lurker

Wifi- I haven't gotten 3G to work yet other than the phone.

Is there an android for dummies site out there somewhere?

5. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

There actually is a book lol but we'll try to help as much as we can

I'm not sure what your last answer about 3g meant

6. jkbbna

jkbbna Newbie

WiFi and 3g are two separate things. The first is Internet via a wireless computer connection, if you will. The second is actually Internet via the cell service.

Assuming you've actually activated the phone--

Is 3g and or WiFi actually enabled?

3g:Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Data Enabled (check this)

WiFi: Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Wi-Fi Settings (have it search for connections, then enter the appropriate info to access those connections.)

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews