1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App Deals of the day

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drexappeal, Aug 31, 2011.

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

-EDIT 9/1/11-
    I changed the theme of this thread to "App Deals of the Day" so that we could share any deals that might be found. For those that start contributing to the thread, be sure to look at the dates of the posts, in case the deal no longer is available.

original post
    GetJar | Mobile | Search Motorola Photon 4G Apps

Free only today for the full version! I figured this would be useful for all the Photon owners, especially since it's a phone promoting "Business" users.

Slickdeals was my source:
    Splashtop for Android Smartphones - FREE (reg $4.99) - Slickdeals.net

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kimochero

Kimochero Newbie

sorry but what is this app for?

3. epark1281

epark1281 Newbie

Woot! Apparently its still free

*edit*
    so i'm assuming you can't use it for a computer outside your network?
    I.E. if i'm at work i can't access my home computer from my phone?

4. drexappeal

The full version is still free? Good stuff! Honestly, I really don't know how it works...LOL...I just read the reviews, saw what it did, and knew it was something that would be REALLY useful to me now and in the future on whatever Android phone I have in the future.

5. spaulding

spaulding Newbie

Installing now to test. Website suggests it will eventually provide for remote access to the desktop over the cloud and not just from the same local subnet which sounds good to me!! Thanks again Drex!

6. drexappeal

no prob. spaulding, if you do end up using the app fairly soon, be sure to come back and post up your reviews on it (e.g. benefits to using it, what can be done, etc...)

Trying to do the same for my MoPho brothers and sisters, as I did for the EVO, so anytime I see a deal similar to this, I'll be posting it up in here for sure.

Even if I never or rarely use this app, the functionalities just seemed too good to pass up and not have to pay the 5 bux.

Anybody have experience actually using this app?

7. drexappeal

I changed this thread title to "App Deals of the Day", so that we can keep sharing any good deals on apps found (since there are a TON of app stores that are viable nowadays).

The app of the day at Amazon is another paid app that is free today!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/thank-you/thanks/ref=mas_ty_buy?dupe=1&asin=B004TC1TLO

It's a traffic app that for me would come in handy living in L.A. There are some bad reviews, but I think it's because the people didn't quite look into the app enough or how to use it. Nontheless, it's worth a shot to me because I could never have enough "traffic" apps to use living in this city!

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews