• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Development

Argent009

May 26, 2012
I haven't seen an area on these forums for this subject but if I've just missed it, please point me in the right direction.

I'm not a programmer (I'm willing to learn and I'm a quick study, but I want to get that out there first). I am however a good idea person and a darned good graphic artist if I can say so myself without sounding too conceited. There have always been apps I'd love to see on all my mobile devices but have never found them and wondered if there were people who want to get together to develop apps like them. I'll throw out an example here.

My phone is always docked next to me whenever I'm not using it, whether it's here at my desk or on my nightstand, the phone is there and it's displaying something, but I've yet to find the ideal "something", which would be the ultimate dock app. There are plenty of dock apps but none that do all the things I want, some do one or two of them but that's about it. I'd like to develop an app in cooperation with a coder or two that does the following things all in one app.

1. Displays the time in a pleasant way, easy to read but not tacky and ugly.
2. Displays the current date in the same way.
3. Displays the current weather and a 3-5 day forecast.
4. Has a music player.
5. Has user selectable backgrounds (live ones as well as static ones)
6. Can disable notification sounds.
7. Has an alarm function that can wake the user to a selection of sounds or to a music selection from their collection.
8. Has a radio function in the music player (optional but it'd be nice to have).
9. Has a simple button on its screen to take you directly to your phone/contacts and drops back to the app after the call.
10. Can record voice memos from the music player. (i.e. the player controls feature a record button along with the play/forward/back/stop buttons).
11. Can be set to turn off the music playback at a set interval for playing quiet music to help you get to sleep.
12. Since it can play music to wake the user, it should have 2 volume controls, one for the nighttime music playback and another for the wake music or alarm playback.
13. Swiping the screen up or down controls the dimmer on the display.

Those are some of the ideas for this particular app.

Thoughts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones