• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App disappears after turning phone off

zaphodbebleebrox

Sep 24, 2010
phone is a box stock ALLY.

i have Duke Nukem 3D which hasnt had ANY problems. after I got the update yesterday to VB, the Duke icon disappears after i turn the phone off & on.

i have reinstalled Duke about 10 times, deleted its folder on the SD card, uninstalled Duke from the market & also using the droid uninstall.

nothing seems to keep the icon on the screen. when i turn the phone off & on, i dont have the Duke icon anymore, its a green droid square with a file name and when i press that to run Duke I get a "force close" message.

HELP!!! :eek:

I had the same problem with OrbLive and MLB At Bat. Coincidentally, these are the only two apps that stored themselves in /data/app-private instead of /data/app. I got things working by completely uninstalling both apps, restarting, then reinstalling from scratch. At that point, use Titanium to backup both apps, and uninstall again. Then pull the .apk files from the Titanium backups and install with adb install (which installs to /data/app). Both work fine now ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones