1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General App download fails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bpk116, Jan 30, 2010.

1. bpk116

bpk116 Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Whatever pays the most
    Chapin,SC
    This problem first started after installing Lockbot, ATK and Alevel. Rebooted my phone and was greeted with an X in my signal bar and all home apps and google/android apps FC. I tried to reboot and pull battery even though the battery pull from my understanding has no effect. I've seen other threads say to do a hard reset but I did'nt have a back up of my phone. I uninstall the 3 apps listed and the phone booted up fine.

The next day I downloaded lockbot and alevel whith a reboot after each and no problems. I went back to tk because i like the 1x4 taskbar it has and all was well.(No i'm not blaming ATK because too many people use it successfully)

Yesterday I downloaded Safe neighborhood(My creepy neighbor looks out his window and watches the kids way too much), OS Monitor after uninstalling TK, and the Swype app I found on a thread here. As soon as I rebooted I recieved that X again. Uninstalled the last three apps and O.K.. I have re-installed OS Monitor and swype and phone reboots fine. I did'nt download safe neighborhood again because my neighbor may be a perv but now I know he's not a convicted perv. The thing I'm noticing now is that when trying to use the market the downloads take several minutes to load or don't load at all.

I know that a hard reset will probably solve the issue but it will just happen again until there is an understaning of what is causing this.

ANY IDEAS? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. bpk116

bpk116 Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Whatever pays the most
    Chapin,SC
    To avoid the obvious response I installed safe neighborhood again and rebooted just fine. Wow there are 27 sex pred's within 7 miles of my neighborhood. I'm glad I have two cops for neighboors.:eek: