1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

App drawer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nancybrennan27a, Jul 9, 2018.

1. nancybrennan27a

None

Jul 9, 2018
    How can I get rid of those 5 icons at the top of my app drawer?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Change your launcher, since that app also produces the app drawer.

(Otherwise I don't know because I don't have that phone, so don't even know what icons these are)

3. nancybrennan27a

None

Jul 9, 2018
    I'll try that with something else. Apparently they are 5 icons of applications most recently used. Really unnessary. I already have Google and Moto launchers. I guess I'll just have to ignore it but hope the developers take into consideration many people's complaints and provide the option again to turn that feature off. Thank you for responding.

4. rdsok

rdsok Android Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2010
    The default launchers usually have very few if any options.... this is by design to keep things simple. For users that want more options available, they install a launcher that features the options they want and make that launcher their default one.

To change which one is default, go into Settings-> Apps, select the gear icon on the top right and select which one is your default Home app... uninstall the others you don't want to use ( you can't uninstall the Moto App Launcher that the Moto Z2 Play comes with )

5. nancybrennan27a

None

Jul 9, 2018
    Thank you. I already had the Moto launcher as default and prefer not to use 3rd party ones. Can't you put in an option to not have the suggested 5 applications on top? I read that the option is there on other phones, maybe older Droids or another type of Moto z. It's not a hill to die on but it's really a pointless feature. The apps I use frequently are already on my home page so why need these suggestions? I'm just saying.

6. rdsok

rdsok Android Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2010
    You may as well be asking if YOU can put those options in... The people that respond on most forums such as this are just other users just like yourself.

You do have options though even if you ( or any of us ) can't change a program... you can use a different program ( launcher in this case ) one that works like you are asking... but you have to look at the various options to find it. If you don't want to look... fine thats on you.

7. nancybrennan27a

None

Jul 9, 2018
    I'm sorry. I thought I was on a Moto help forum. I've been on several different forums and one was where Moto techs were responding. . I can just as easily ignore those 5 . But apparently they can be removed on certain phones and when users look following the directions, it's not there ( as with my phone). But thank you for taking time to respond.