1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[APP] Flickr photo synchronization

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by elfar, Dec 31, 2011.

1. elfar

elfar Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    Hello guys,
    this is to promote my new app

https://market.android.com/search?q=FlickrPhotoSync&c=apps

It is conceived to keep a folder on your phone (preferably on the external SD card) synchronized with yours Flickr's photosets. The peculiarity of this app is that it doesn't just download the photosets (and their photos) in one folder, forcing you to just get a flat directory hieararchy. In fact, in this way, applications like the android stock gallery will show you a lot of photo collections without any organization.

My app will let you select which photoset to synchronize, and in which phone's folder to put it, one by one with an intuitive UI. Then using a smart visualization program like Quickpic (free on the market) you can browse the folder hierarchy to easily search a particular photo; task that is particularly annoying if there is no hierarchy. This would be difficult with a lot of photosets and photos in a flat folder hierarchy.

When you add a photo into a Flickr's photoset, or remove a photo, the FlickrPhotoSync app will just synchronize very quickly, just downloading or removing that single photo to/from the selected local folder (of course the first time you run it, a lot of photosets/photos will be downloaded, depending on how many pictures you have on Flickr).

The app is tolerant to network problems; in fact if a sync session fails (of you decide to stop it), you can just start it again later and the app will restart from the last photo downloaded, then avoiding time connection wasting.

Almost every activity of the app has a (hopefully) complete help to guide the user.

The version on the market is 2.1, Free and Pay. The free one just allows to sync 3 photosets and maximum 30 photos per photoset. The Pay one has no restrictions. Also the Pay one allows to choose to not remove from the phone the photos removed from Flickr; the free doesn't allow this choice (always remove).

I'm still working on it to implement a basic embedded photo browser and adding other features like exif showing (if available). And of course I'd like any kind of feedback or suggestion for new features.

Please try the Free one and let me know... :)

... and happy new year!

Advertisement

2. elfar

elfar Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    Hi, I just made an update (2.1 -> 2.2) including bug fixes, sync window redesign with download stats report, and a basic photobrowser, and a thumbnails browser showing also EXIF data.