1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

App for Automatic Password Entering?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gilbequick, Jun 13, 2011.

1. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    Are there any apps out there that will automatically enter usernames and passwords when a given web page is loaded up?

I use an password protected wifi channel at work and every time I turn off my phone and turn it back on I have to re-log in. It drives me nuts doing it 10 times a day. I'd love something that will automatically enter the username and password when the given page pops up.

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    I thought the Browser already has this ability? Are you able to have a browser from a laptop remember the passwords?

Sometimes when a website has a username and password field they will "name" them non-standard names in the code as a security precaution. This also has the unfortunate side effect of making it impossible for browsers to "notice" the password field for you.

Anyways, I like KeePass as a general password manager, many people seem to like LastPass also, there are a few others but I'm not sure what level of browser integration they have.

3. gilbequick

None

Jul 11, 2010
    When I go to get on the wifi a web page will pop up with the disclaimer, then you need to enter username and password...just like you do in a hotel. My browser will remember passwords that have the "remember password" or "stay logged in" check box checked, but not if there isn't a check box.

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    You may want to check in your browser under [Menu] > [more] > [Settings] > Remember Passwords[ ] and see if that is checked (assuming you are using the default browser).

You can also try Firefox which can do the same.

Either way if this is a password box on a website there may not be a simple solution for you. :(

For one, a lot of the password managers integrate with the browsers well on a desktop/laptop but I don't know if any integrate on Android.

The other problem is that the company may use the "name change" trick for the password field in the code as I mentioned above and even a desktop computer would have trouble "remembering" what to put there. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do if this is the case. It's a security feature but has that unfortunate side effect.

Anyways, here's an old post where people gave their opinions on password manager apps:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/15701-best-password-manager-app.html

gilbequick likes this.
  5. gilbequick

None

Jul 11, 2010
    Good onformation, thank you much.