1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips App for Custom Sound Profile?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MerpsMom, Apr 23, 2011.

1. MerpsMom

MerpsMom Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Picture Framer
    Midwest
    I'd like an app to customize sound profiles: e.g., Church would be all noises muted, vibrate on. Normal would be all on at a certain tone level, Golf would be ringer off, notifications and vibrate on, etc.

Anyone know of something like this which would operate on a one-touch basis? Nothing in the archives about it that I can find.

MM

Advertisement

2. jlbattagli

jlbattagli Member
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Take a look at Locale in the market - seems to do what you want and more, automatically. Don't use it myself, but have heard good things about it.

Also, should have mentioned that Locale is not free (or even cheap :) ).

3. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    It really depends on how complicated you want to get. If all you care about is changing sound profiles based on time, the standard is pretty much timeriffic. It's free, and I've heard it does an excellent job at doing what it's designed to do. If you want to get more complicated, and want sound profiles based on time, location, and almost any other condition you could possibly think of, you'll need something like locale, as was suggested. That being said, a cheaper, much more reliable (in my opinion :)), and more robust option would be tasker. It's still not cheap and it has quite the learning curve, but it will do what you want a lot more. From what it sounds like, though, timeriffic will do the job just fine. I suggest you try that out, first. If it doesn't do enough, grab the 7 day trial for tasker, and try that out.

4. maddness247

maddness247 Lurker
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    the problem with them is you will have to have gps on then your battery life will be shot I use silence scheduler set the time I need and when it goes back to normal and your all set and its free

Tags: