1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App for data usage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by R Deep Singh, Dec 22, 2011.

1. R Deep Singh

R Deep Singh Well-Known Member

Is there an app available to check the data usage when using the internet?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mbatson89

mbatson89 Android Enthusiast

3G watchdog was always the best back in the days of using my Desire. I use 'My Vodafone' now though being on Voda although i'm testing out an Ice Cream Sandwich build at the moment which has data management built it :D

3. CoachWade

CoachWade Newbie

I use ZDBox to keep an eye on my data. I don't really need to because I've been with T-Mobile so long we have a grandfathered data plan that truly is unlimited (it slows to 3g after 5GB, but I've never come close to that.)

ZDBox offers some other stuff as well, App2SD is useful, and I'm finding I like the Do Not Disturb function that allows you to turn off ringers and the like while sleeping or in a movie. There are some other useful features as well, so I'd recommend it over a pure "Data monitor" app.

~D.

R Deep Singh likes this.
  4. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast

If you run a custom Rom there is a usage meter built in to the android revolution ones

5. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

I use an app called Traffic Monitor, simple widget, excellent.

R Deep Singh likes this.
  6. I started off using Netcounter as my main app for monitoring data usage, but have since moved to using Onavo, which has a great UI but lacks alerts if you are using a lot of data, preferring instead to alert you to when an app is using a lot of data in the background. This is probably a preferable approach, since the app can cut you off when you've used up your monthly allowance instead of bugging you when you actually mean to and need to use your data, but won't let you exceed your cap.

NOTE: Onavo can't cut you off if you're using a CDMA or LTE network, so be careful if that is the case for you.

7. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast

3G watchdog for me too - a brilliant little app.

8. Hal_Chase

Hal_Chase Well-Known Member

+1 for 3G watchdog....just enter your allowance and it does everything else :)

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews