1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App for Handwritten / Drawn Notes

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Alstann, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Alstann

Alstann Lurker

I'm debating picking up a Motorola Xoom tablet when it is released, and my main use for the tablet are going to be for college - more specifically, I wish to use it as my go-to note taking device, in conjunction with one of those capacitive styluses. The idea is, that I will be writing notes virtually from now on - so that my notes are synchronized between computer, phone, and tablet.

I'm curious, though. Before I decide further on a tablet, I want to find an app that lets me handwrite/draw notes, and save them as a file that can be opened on a computer (pdf, doc, jpeg, etc.). The classes I will be taking (calculus, physics, etc.) require that I draw graphs, draw mathematical symbols such as integral signs, fractions, and so on and so forth. So, I'm looking for an app that basically lets me free draw on a page, preferably a lined page, as well as change pen colors to help me markup and write notes on the sides and whatnot.

Does anyone know of an app that does something close to this?

Advertisement

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Try Note Everything or Genial Writing.

3. MaplePaint is excellent. It allows you to write on a large sheet of lined paper, and produces SVG files. The controls are a little too small on a phone but it should be fine on a tablet. I think it's a bit more conducive to note-taking than Note Everything and Genial Writing because you can write freely on the scrollable and zoom-able paper rather than on a small pad-like area.