• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps app for LAN and internet

I am new to today's device apps. However have taken a big project which I am not sure is deliverable!! I want to develop two cross-platform application (desktop-windows/mac/android, mobile-windows,iOS/iPAD/IPOD etc), lets call them site-access and remote-access.

LAN(Option1, site-access) Front end: HTML/CSS/JavaScript Database:H2 Database access language:GO programming language webserver/web application server: Go programming language server running on a pc in company (company server). I am hoping that I could use JavaScript to trigger some functions/libraries in GO to query H2 database? Will it really work like that?

LAN(Option2) Front end:HTML/CSS/JavaScript Database:H2 webserver/application server:Apoche Tomcat database access language: Java servlet/Node.js

In this case, I am hoping that I would use javascript to communicate with node.js running in back end that will then communicate with Apoche Tomcat over servlet. Will it work?

remote-access (hosted on google app engine) Front-end:HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript Employee seamlessly easily use remote-access icon on devices to connect to company server- backend running under architecture 1/2 above- and access files off company server? I am hoping that I could use some additional database access conditions for remote-access app using GO programming language to design simple login features? I am sorry about my naivety in web-development. But your input will surely put me in the right direction. Thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones