1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App for live GPS tracking ?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by hjelme83, Aug 12, 2012.

1. hjelme83

hjelme83 Lurker

Hi. Is there any apps that will allow me to track my gps on my phone (samsung Galaxy S3)with a live feed to a map on say Facebook, or googlemaps or somewere?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

3. stitch3484

stitch3484 Newbie

ah you beat me to it

4. hjelme83

hjelme83 Lurker

But will this allow people to se a live feed of me moving, or will i have to uppload this first after the event ?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

My understanding is My tracks won't let you share your position in ream time. Try Glympse. I used it to share my position in real time.

hjelme83 likes this.
  6. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

To track your gps try the app called 'GPS Essentials'

7. jp0469

jp0469 Member

+1

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

And it looks like Glympse can also share your location on Facebook / Twitter, although I have not used it that way. I have just used it to share via sms or email.

9. deltaforce

deltaforce Android Enthusiast

Most likely I am making fool of myself here, still here it goes.

Can I use this app if I don't have a data-plan?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Which app? For My Tracks I do not think you need data to record a track. However, if you want to sync it to Google Maps / Docs, then you will need either 3G data or wifi.

For Glympse, you do need data.

11. AnnDroid12

AnnDroid12 Lurker

There's a new free app called inViu routes that connects to a web portal. You can view up to 4 devices with the app installed on any web browser for free! The locations of devices are in almost real time depending on the settings. The app records routes, takes GPS photos, saves POIs, and shares them via email or social media. It even sets location-based reminders, allowing you to receive notifications whenever a friend or family member enters or leaves a defined location.

You can download it on Google Play.