• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for local news

Im looking for a app that can tell me my local news by zip code or city. I live in Pensacola FL, and our beaches are about to get hit with all of this oil in the gulf and with hurricane season approaching i'd like to view the local news without going through the browser.

Don't know which APP that would be, but I just open up my local news website (whichever one I like the most) and make it a bookmark. You could even just make that actual bookmark a 'widget' kinda.

But I'll still be checking this post to see if any is out there.

Upvote 0
news.google.com using your android phone. or you can install the genie news ported app and put in your city or zip code to pull those news feeds but it only gives you roughly 10 stories. best route is the browser. I just use the NPR app for my news feeds.

alternatively you should post this in the APPS section of the forums not in the Eris section you'll get more people to respond.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones