• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for locking screen (or making it unresponsive)

wissaib

Sep 1, 2012
Hello everybody

I want to ask if anybody of you know some application that can lock the screen, or better said, make it unresponsibe.

The problem is this. My girlfriend's kid loves to watch YouTube or other videos in our tablet, and we don't want that the video stops because of some accidental touch in the screen.

Is there any function that can do this function?

Thanks

Well I've found this to be effective is to set your device lock code in Settings than have the apps you want to run under it while the screen is locked. The only down side to that is if the screen is touched or swiped the lock code box will appear over whatever that's playing under it but it will not stop whatever its playing until it's unlocked and manually disabled. Now to some just seeing that code box appear on top of whatever you have your device set to do may become a deterrent to whomever it's interacting with. This seems to work on Android 6+

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones