• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for measuring decibel?

There are several that I've tried but I've read that it's not possible for them to be very accurate given the smartphone microphone limitations. Search the Google market & you'll find a bunch but who knows how accurate they will be.

It would be nice to me to know how many decibels sre going through the earbuds & to set a safe limit. I've not found that app.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't all the sound measuring Apps measure sound in Decibels?

The Sound Meter app site explains why smartphones are not always or at all accurate, especially at the louder sound waves, louder than the human voice, which phone microphones were designed for.

Last year I tried several apps including Sound Meter, in very loud industrial locations & each app gave different decibel values & some topped out earlier than others & I never knew which app values to trust. They seem to me like sort of fun gimmicks though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones