• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for playing backing tracks live

Status
Not open for further replies.
That free Android backing track player that Eva invented a few years ago is no longer available....I am still using mine and it works great. However there is another one now available at the Google Store....I think it is $4.95. I also use this one on my back up tablet and though in my opinion it is not quite as good as Eva's it does work. You can set up playlists, lyrics, etc. It also has automatic stop at the end of each track and the font is adjustable. Check it out. Just go to the Google Store and type in "backing tracks player" and you should be good to go.

Upvote 0
I use a program called Songbook. It's on the Google Store, and very inexpensive. It has a lot of great features, like full editing, sync to Dropbox, and more. On the downside, it takes a while to set up because you have to attach each song file to the lyrics, and manually set the scroll speed for each song. If you do a lot of songs (I do over 2000), we're talking a few weeks of set-up time, but once it is set, it does work flawlessly. It even has ChordPro functions.

I have been using OnSong on my iPad for several years, but now that no one is supporting the iPad 1 anymore, and the updates will not work on the iPad 1 now, I am migrating to the Tablet, and Songbook. I can't afford a newer iPad. Like I said, Songbook is a lot more work than OnSong initially, but once set up, it works every bit as good.

It does not allow you to do a lyrics search from within the program, like OnSong does, but you really don't need to. Just do an internet search for the lyrics you want, copy them into your word processor and save them to the Songbook file in Dropbox, which will then automatically sync to Songbook. Then, just create or download your mp3 file for the song, load it to your tablet or smart phone, and attach it to the song in Songbook, set the scroll speed and do any final editing you want, then you're good to go.

I haven't found anything better, yet. What would be great is if OnSong made a version for Android. OnSong is the best live music program there is, period, but it only works on iOS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all
Just joined five minutes ago . Hope this is the right place to post this.
Purchased backing track studio last week and giving it a test run , seems like a very good app but a couple of things are not right . I can't set scroll speed or delay start for the lyrics for individual songs .
It apears to be a global setting. Does anyone know if that's the case or am I doing something wrong ?

Upvote 0
I am the drummer in a band and I use my android phone to launch some backing tracks live. I use the PlayerPro music player and it hasn't failed me once. You just set up a playlist, activate the option so that it pauses after each track, and it's done. It is great for casually listening to music and live situations.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,
I just posted this request in another section by mistake so now I think I have found the right place.

I am a guitarist/vocalist who plays mostly solo and duo and I (like many thousands like me around the world) have the need for backing tracks as our accompaniment. Most of us use lap tops, net books, mini disc players and iPods and now droid devices. With the arrival of the Android Tablet, many musicians like myself are moving across to this media.

I am just a simple musician who has no clue where to even begin to write such an app, but I do foresee and huge need in the market for an app like this. Because of Droid Tablet technology I am expecting a huge swing to this type of device for musicians using backing tracks and possibly a nice little earner for the person who gets in on the ground level with it....That

Hi, there is a FREE app just for that: Live Backtrack : Multitrack. You get it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wildbeep.livebacktrack&hl=en

You can create a Play List of Backing tracks and play them sequentially with just a tap of a button.
The buttons are HUGE. Forget about Mp3 players and other stuff with small buttons you can't see
when you're on stage.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 3.png
    3.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 2.png
    2.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 5.png
    5.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
For Android, the best live music app is SongBook. I play solo shows as well. My favorite app is Onsong, but it only wordks on my iPad. SongBook is very similar, on,y it is for Android. It scrolls your lyrics, plays the attached backing track, uses ChordPro, allows full editing, and also allows you to edit remotely via your computer, allows storage of songs on Dropbox, and syncs across all of your other Android devices (phone, computer, other tablets, etc...).

It's not free, but if I remember right, it was well under $20.00, and worth every penny. You can see an overview of it here:
https://linkesoft.com/songbook/android.html

Hi everyone,
I just posted this request in another section by mistake so now I think I have found the right place.

I am a guitarist/vocalist who plays mostly solo and duo and I (like many thousands like me around the world) have the need for backing tracks as our accompaniment. Most of us use lap tops, net books, mini disc players and iPods and now droid devices. With the arrival of the Android Tablet, many musicians like myself are moving across to this media.

I am just a simple musician who has no clue where to even begin to write such an app, but I do foresee and huge need in the market for an app like this. Because of Droid Tablet technology I am expecting a huge swing to this type of device for musicians using backing tracks and possibly a nice little earner for the person who gets in on the ground level with it....That

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I too liked this idea and made an application. It's called Backing Track Player and can be found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotcakeapps.player

It does everything Gascat asked for + supports building a playlist. And it's *free* :)

I tried to make the app as user-friendly as possible but there is always room for improvement , so please let me know if you'd like to see something extra, or modified, or if it doesn't work on your device as well as it should.

I'd really appreciate your feedback and if you would spread the word among other people who might be interested in this.

Cheers,
Eva

Hi Eva, i love this app, shame it don't work on the latest Android system, please can you tell me if you'll be re releasing this app again? as it it's the best one i have used
Regards
Gary

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I use BackTrack. I think it does what you want...
Free demo: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.techhelptutoring.backtrackplayerdemo

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones