• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App for transferring to new phone?

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
I got a new Nexus 6p and would like to move everything from my old Samsung Note 3 to my new Nexus. I am still on Biggins 4.4 KitKat Rom so the build in transfer isn't there. Google transferred my contacts and paid apps but I want to get text messages, ringtones, backgeounds, settings and photos...etc. Tried Verizon cloud app but can't get it to do it. I scan my Note 3 and use the qr code but transfer does not work.

Thanks! I checked that link and it is to a Motorola app that doesn't work on Marshmellow. Anyway, I did check for other apps at the bottom...still searching for one that will do the job. I guess the easiest way would be if I could upgrade straight to Lollipop from Biggins 4.4.2, but don't look like there is a path for that. Because in Lollipop Google has that tools to transfer your stuff over to a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones