1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App for using pictures for wallpaper

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rcyphermd, Oct 12, 2014.

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I am trying to us my photos for wallpaper. I have the LG3. When I do that, the phone requires me to crop it so that it looks terribly blown up when I use it for wallpaper. Any suggestions? I would just like to use the whole picture if possible. Are there any apps to help with this? Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Marian123

Marian123 Newbie

I don't know about your stock phone launcher but you should try a different launcher preferably nova launcher ( I use it myself ) whenever you put up a wall paper it gives you an option to crop or not and try different orientations , could solve your problem.

3. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I do use Nova, but it still requires a crop that makes the picture unusable. Thanks for trying to help

4. Marian123

Marian123 Newbie

Don't thank me just yet , am not done helping :p have you turned on wall paper scrolling from nova settings?

5. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I just turned it on, and it still requires a crop that blows it up way too big. Thanks for still trying !

6. Marian123

Marian123 Newbie

My pleasure!

7. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

If you have a high count megapixel camera or photo, you will have to crop.
    I have a Digital DSLR, and the pictures download into Photoshop at 72 DPI and 24" + in size. If I change size to 300 DPI, the pixel count is the same, but the picture is far smaller and higher resolution.

If the photo app would let you pick the resolution of picture, changing to 150 DPI, you would use more memory, as the stored picture would be larger than the original crop. but you wouldn't have to crop the picture to fit a certain area.

See what you get shooting at HDR setting.

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

When you crop, the area cropped is the one that is shown as the wallpaper. You do realize you can drag the crop edges to cover more of the photo so it won't be blown up right? Have you tried that?

9. entropy5

entropy5 Member