1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App has Stopped

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by LD Galaxy S7 Active, Oct 6, 2021.

1. LD Galaxy S7 Active

Recently, I noticed that an application has been turning on my wifi without my permission and draining my battery; so to correct this I went in and disabled lots of "Apps that can change system settings" .... under settings...apps...selected apps...
    Now as a direct result I am am receiving a message for Messages and Visual Voicemail that stats "Messages has stopped" or "Visual Voicemail has stopped" could someone tell me please what app permission I MUST turn back on to resolve this.

And no I have no wish to perform a factory reset on this phone THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Have you tried a factory reset on the device?

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

What application is this? What apps have you turned off permissions for?

4. LD Galaxy S7 Active

I have discovered that CHROME is the failure and by denying access it causes Message(default installed app) and Visual Voicemail as well as other default apps in the phone to no longer function... Yet another reason to hate chrome. Thank You for your attempt to assist me.

puppykickr, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  5. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Yes, Chrome is a horrible app.

Goto your developers options and find Webview Implementation, and change it from Chrome to Android System Webview.

Sometimes this is not allowed until you have first disabled the Chrome app.

If you hate Chrome as much as I do, here is an excellent browser to use instead.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/acr.browser.lightning/

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.