• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App has Stopped

Recently, I noticed that an application has been turning on my wifi without my permission and draining my battery; so to correct this I went in and disabled lots of "Apps that can change system settings" .... under settings...apps...selected apps...
Now as a direct result I am am receiving a message for Messages and Visual Voicemail that stats "Messages has stopped" or "Visual Voicemail has stopped" could someone tell me please what app permission I MUST turn back on to resolve this.

And no I have no wish to perform a factory reset on this phone THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Yes, Chrome is a horrible app.

Goto your developers options and find Webview Implementation, and change it from Chrome to Android System Webview.

Sometimes this is not allowed until you have first disabled the Chrome app.

If you hate Chrome as much as I do, here is an excellent browser to use instead.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/acr.browser.lightning/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones