1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[App help] Disable Google Voice?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by atistang, Feb 14, 2012.

1. atistang

atistang Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    so i've been using google voice since it first came out, at this point i'm done with it. it never works right and has caused me more problems than anything

when i get phone calls the phone will ring until voicemail would normally pick up, but then it pauses, then rings that length of time again before voicemail picks up.

i only have this number on GV and i have triple checked that i am not forwarding anything.

anyway when i tell GV to let my sprint voicemail handle my phone calls they still go to google voice. does anyone know how to completely get rid of GV so i can just have my sprint voicemail handle everything?

or if you know the fix for my problem i'd be open for that also

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Dial *38, wait for the beeps, then hang up.

marctronixx and Wiley_11 like this.
  3. atistang

atistang Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    that didn't work. i really think there is something major screwed up with my account or something

I go through all the steps to delete google voice and deactivate it and google voice still picks up for my voicemail

4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    I was an early adopter of GV and over the years have handled thousands of calls with GV and had nearly zero problems.

I don't use Sprint but I know that a while back Google and Sprint made some kinda partnership and as a result GV is different for Sprint users. I don't remember much else except it seems to be problematic, particularly when using the standard market GV app.

Anyway, point is that GV is a great service, especially at the price. I'd contact Sprint and see if they can help sort it out for you.