1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[App help] google talk

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dgrobe2112, Dec 17, 2013.

1. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Android Enthusiast

ok, so not long ago.. i let google take my phone number.. and use google talk, or whatever its called..

i ended up not liking it.. cuz when i would get a phone call, it would screen it.. and say press one to answer.. and so on..

also, all my text messages went into a different app, than the hangouts app.

so.. i ended up going back to the way it was..

now.. i dont get voicemail in my voicemail app.. i get a random text, with a bunch of jibberish.. from a 9016 number. i now have to call my voicemail, and enter password.. to listen to voicemails..

is there anyway to go back to the way it used to be?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marctronixx

this is an application issue, nothing to do with a particular phone.

go to your google voice app on the desktop computer, and go into settings. there you will see check marks denoting where your calls and such are routed.

uncheck these radio buttons at your discretion.

for hangouts, see this thread for more info:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/796955-hangouts-sms-option.html

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Yeah what you forgot to do was stop forwarding your calls to the Google Voice number. So everyone's texts and calls are still trying to go to it.

Also make sure, with what marctronixx said, to go to the Google Voice website and turn off your device as being forwarded using the GV number.