1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[App help] Help with ES File Explorer

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BeerPimp, Jul 12, 2013.

1. BeerPimp

BeerPimp Member

I had to do a Factory Reset on my phone. Reinstalled ES File Explorer now I can't get to the settings of ES File Explorer. They show up at the top when you first start it up but disappear.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marctronixx

Moved to app section so more eyes can see and possibly offer help...

Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

On newer versions of ES File Explorer (I have v3.0.4) you can get to settings by hitting the menu button on your phone, and then selecting "settings" at the bottom of ES File Explorer. There are no settings at the top.

Several months ago (I guess starting with version 3.0.0) the UI for ES File Explorer made a radical departure from previous versions. Perhaps that's the source of your frustration?

funkylogik and Rxpert83 like this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Yeah i still use the old version tbh. Think im gettin old and set in my ways :D

5. BeerPimp

BeerPimp Member

HTC EVO LTE 4G only has Back/Home/Recent Apps. That is the source of my frustration. I don't have a menu button. Also there isn't the standard 3 vertical dots to touch in the app to get to the menu.

6. BeerPimp

BeerPimp Member

This is the screen I see for a 1/10 of a second then it is gone never to return unless I exit and restart the app.
    [​IMG]

7. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

In the upper left corner of ES File Explorer you touch the half globe/phone icon (in the upper left corner of the phone in your screen shot there).

There, you will find settings at the bottom.

It's all part of that HOLO thing.

8. BeerPimp

BeerPimp Member

That would be awesome but that only lasts for a 1/10 or a 1/100 of a second then its gone. I have tried to touch it as it blinked on the screen then off but never been able to get it to respond. The only way I got the picture with the menu at the top was to bust out the my D300 with the battery grip and shoot 8fps several times to catch it.

9. BeerPimp

BeerPimp Member

After the menu with the globe disappears this is the screen I am left with. I should have been more clear.
    [​IMG]

10. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

It almost appears that it is somehow resizing itself off the screen. But not really since the folders look fine.

Stupid questions......have you uninstalled and reinstalled? Have you uninstalled/reinstalled and rebooted before opening the app?

BeerPimp and funkylogik like this.
  11. BeerPimp

BeerPimp Member

I should have tried this before. That worked thanks.

funkylogik likes this.