1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[App help] Skype Contacts in phone- how to remove?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sobo1, Jan 21, 2013.

1. sobo1

sobo1 Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    I'm looking for some help trying to remove my Skype contacts that have somehow made their way into my contacts on my phone. I've done everything I can try to remove them but nothing has worked yet.

To start, there is an option within Account Setting of Skye to turn sync with your contacts on or off. I would think that would do it, but it's turned off and the contacts are still there.

It's just a big annoyance...since I have a contact for my wife on my phone and she's a contact within Skype, she shows up twice in my phone.

Also, the Skype contacts are not listed when I look under all my contacts in People.

I've searched high and low but have had no luck....

Any insight would be appreciated

Advertisement

2. deltaforce

deltaforce Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 17, 2012
    This is on my HTC One X,

Open Contacts, open dropdown menu on Phonebook. There you should have an option of removing Skype Contacts. Check Screenshot below.

[​IMG]

3. sobo1

sobo1 Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback....unfortunately no luck.

This may help though.....

I did what you noted above to see what accounts were synced into my phone...the only one that was checked was my gmail account. However, when I look at the contact details for my wife, it shows she's linked with Skype. It's baffling. Again, she doesn't show up in my list of contacts....

So I experimented and unchecked my gmail account as wel- meaning I had no accounts synced to my phone. But when I open up my dialer I still have a nunch of contacts there? Most of the appear to be gmail contacts- the account I just unsynced!!! I tried clearing the data from the "phone" and "dialer" apps but and restarted a few times but it did nothing.

I also turned off auto sync within Accounts thinking that something in there may be forcing the sync, but still no dice. When my wife calls it shows up as her Skype name, not the name I have for her in my phone (just her initials). There's clearly still 2 entries for her in my phone....and I am stumped.