• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Install Location?

I was looking through a few posts and could not find anything on this. Is there a way to set the location of where a app installs itsself? I kind of missing installing things to the SD card like on my other phones.
Not at the moment. Perhaps with an update in the near future. I was thinking of buying a larger microSD card myself, but i ended up just waiting until they allow apps to be installed on said card.

Upvote 0
i have 7.8/8 GB free on my SD card and only 33/100 MB free on my phone from all my apps.... not much longer and my phone will be completely full. I'm sure if I wanted to go nuts and download every app out there I could acheive this.

As I have mentioned in other posts, the BB Storm has 1GB of built-in memory while the G1 only gets 100MB?! What were they thinking??? I'm ready to return this phone unless I can at least see a list of known issues from Google along with and E.T.A. of the when they will be fixed!!

Upvote 0
allow me to correct myself...

the storm will be shipping with 128MB internal memory and an additional 1gb flash card, like the G1.

still, after over a years worth of email from 3 different accounts and multiple third party applications yet still never went under half the 64MB internal memory. those were downloaded directly to my phone and not "accessing" them I had an 8GB SD card but that's only good for music, pictures, and ring tones. not email and apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones