• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App inventor and Android Market

jplamb

Oct 8, 2009
UK
Hi,

I have been playing round with app inventor and was thinking of making an app and the putting it on the market. I have had a look around the internet and have found mixed reports of weather this is possible. some say app inventor apps can not be put on the market and others say they can.

Does anybody know which it is? I dont want to pay for access to the market if i am not going to be able to upload to it.

Cheers

I started off with App Inventor and moved into writing code in the SDK. AI is a good beta program and may one day give the SDK a run for the money, but it is very limited.

The way of putting an AI app on the market is very long, complicated and way more difficult than using eclipse. I suggest you take what you learned from AI, learn a little about Java and study some good online resources. Get started with the SDK and you may find you have more talent than you think.

If you want to pursue it anyway here is the link:

Long, Hard Way

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones