1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App is updating without box checked for "Allow automatic updating"

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cbtx, May 20, 2011.

1. cbtx

cbtx Lurker

Hey guys. I have one app that has been listed twice recently in my notification bar with the message "successfully updated".

I don't want this app to automatically update.

But when I open the Market app, choose My apps from the menu, and select the item for the app in question, I don't see an option displayed for "Allow automatic updating".

I only see Open, Uninstall, My reveiw, My comment, Description, Reviews, etc.

Most other apps have a check box at the top of the Market page for "Allow automatic updating". This app doesn't display that option at all. But the app seems to be automatically updating.

Why do a few apps not have the check box for "Allow automatic updating"?
    How can I stop the app from automatically updating, if the option for "Allow automatic updating" isn't displayed?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

If you don't want it to update, uninstall it from your phone and then go out and try to find the apk file on the Internet. Once (If) you find it, side load it onto the phone and hopefully the market app won't know about it and, therefore, won't allow it to update.

The other thing you could probably try to do is to contact the author and ask them to enable the "allow automatic updating" check box in the market for this app.