1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App Killer or Juice Defender yet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gsxr150, Sep 18, 2011.

1. gsxr150

gsxr150 Well-Known Member

I used to run an app killer on my EVO 4G, but have not yet installed it on the GS2. I don't feel the need for it anymore. Thoughts?

Also, when I bought my phone at Best Buy the guy was speaking highly of Juice Defender. Has anyone tested this out on the GS2 yet? I'm guessing any battery savings you would get is taken by the program running anyway. Thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

Juice Defender is a must on any phone IMO. It will turn off your data when the screen is off. It works great.

As for an App killer the Epic Touch has one build-in. Do now worry about using one.

3. arnould

arnould Member

I see no reason for bieng with or against this app. It's free, try it and if you see an improvement it's a good thing . if not uninstall it. :p
    But to really answer under the topic, frankly I doubt that this kind of software do miracles, everything it does you can do it manually, and even maybe you do already. Otherwise I do not like "When CPU scaling phone is idle" I do not like that one just breaking through my CPU frequency only to earn 1 hour or 2.

Java Programming

4. gsxr150

Humm...thanks. Any special settings, or just let it go as is?

5. gsxr150

I just threw it on there, but I see in the activity log "PM Rom is not compatible with the AOSP helper (3G control is unavailable) - get CyanogenMod ;)"

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews