1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

App Library

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bistritapcv, Aug 28, 2017.

1. bistritapcv

bistritapcv Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I recently got a Pixel. I am in the process of installing apps that were on my own phone. I can go to google play and then library and it shows all my apps that I have ever downloaded but have not yet installed on this phone. I want to install a specific one. I know it has the word "fox" probably at the beginning but I don't remember the rest. I have hundreds of apps in the library of everything I ever downloaded. They are not even sorted alphabetically.

I was wondering whether there is at least a way to sort these, but better still search them. When I do a search it searches all apps available in Google Play and there are tons with "fox" in them.

Is there a way to search just my library I have downloaded?

Advertisement

psionandy likes this.
  2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The simplest I can think of is to go to play.google.com via a web browser (computer much better than phone), log in, select "my apps". Then keep scrolling down and occasionally clicking the "show more" button until you've persuaded it to load them all. Then use your browser's search function to search for all instances of the string "fox" on that page. You should be able to find it quite quickly that way, and can even push it to your phone from there.

Given that Google's primary business is supposed to be search I've always been amazed at how poor the search functions of the Play Store are, but that's the way it is.

3. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    If it was a paid application, you might try using the My Paid Apps app to locate it. (That app also has the unfortunate side-effect of showing you how much money you've spent on the Play Store... I don't like to look at that figure. ;) )

For free apps, @Hadron's suggestion is the best one I know of, unfortunately.

PS: I just moved your thread to the Play Store channel for better exposure. :thumbsupdroid:

Unforgiven, psionandy and Hadron like this.
  4. bistritapcv

Jan 21, 2010
    Perhaps you can tell me the name of the APP so I can turn my Pixel into a Wifi. I thought it had "fox" in the name. Searching as in the above did not find it.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
  6. bistritapcv

Jan 21, 2010
    Unforgiven likes this.