• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root App management entries

APOPHiS420

Android Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2011
USA
So I went into my app manager and noticed remnants on apps I had deleted. I was wondering how to remove them. I have deodexed stock market on and I roved the apps via root explorer and cleared both caches in cwm afterwards.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372704526603.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372704526603.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 85
Thanks for the new thread, I've found two new "problems" but been too lazy to sit down to figure out.

One: a resent upgrade to "G.Mail" I kinda like it, but a few day's after upgrading, the version that GOT updated came back. Every time notifications come, I now have to deal with the OLD version, and the NEW version ???

I'd like to delete the old version, but there's only one to deal with, (scratching my head and slowly backing away from dealing with it, doesn't fix this).

Two: There's a new black bar, at the bottom of my screen, telling me"couldn't open connection" alternating with "can't find the server" that happens when I turn the screen on, then after 30 seconds or so it goes away, as the connection (and bars) arrive, ... but I can't stop it or delete it, where the hell did it come from? I'm running, B09 now.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I always use Root Explorer to remove files from tha app directory. I did the same this time as I had before and yet this time the leftovers sorta lingered was very strange. i just backed all my stuff up and did a factory reset and reformatted my sd card lol. Sorta extreme but it got the job dine xD. thanks for all the responses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones