1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support App Market crashing constantly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by laura.saunders, Jul 15, 2011.

1. laura.saunders

None

Jul 15, 2011
    I've tried to find a conclusive answer to the problem but have had no luck so far, if there is a relevant thread already, however, feel free to point me in that direction.

Everytime I click on the market icon it starts to open and then crashes and closes.

I've tried clearing the cache and restarting the phone which doesn't seem to help....

I haven't had the phone long and haven't had android before so I'm pretty clueless as to what to try next....

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Laura

Advertisement

2. ampschell

ampschell Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    I've had my HTC Desire HD for two weeks now and the Market has been working fine until today. Today when I click the icon, I see the Market trying to load, and then it just closes and goes back to my home screen.

I too have cleared my data and cache to no avail. I've been looking around the forums for an hour and cannot find any conclusive solutions either.

Help us!

Thanks,

3. vaiosp

vaiosp Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    I just bought it!! 3 hours ago, charged it, opened it, tried Market and it constantly crashes. I live in Greece and version is 2.3.3. (samsung galaxy s2).. I haven't found a similar problem elsewhere. I haven't inserted my sim card yet, I am only using it with the wifi. I tried resetting it to factory defaults (as I had nothing to loose) the problem is the same. I am also having trouble syncing my gmail account, if this means something to anyone..
    Help...

4. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
  5. ruggrock

ruggrock Newbie
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Hi -

I'm having the same symptoms on a T-Mobile Optimus T. If we have to somehow download a new marketplace app, and then can't delete this one...that's weird and annoying. Hopefully they come up with some way to update the current marketplace that I can't uninstall without rooting it. I'm simply offering up that I'm having the same problem too, and I'll post if I happen across a solution. :thinking: -Rugg

6. vaiosp

vaiosp Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    As noone had given any solution by the time I posted, I thought I would leave it as it was and explore my new phone a bit. I bluetoothed my contacts from my old phone and played a game.. A few minutes ago I tried again and market was staying on and gmail had already synced.. I haven't inserted my sim yet and haven't restarted my phone since my previous post... go figure..
    market did update itself, and now everything works as it should (i hope)..
    Thanks!