1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App membership and social connections

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by slowsword, Apr 20, 2012.

1. slowsword

slowsword Lurker

I have searched for this for a while now and have not found what I was looking for (if something like this even exists). Is there an SDK of some sort or a package program that would basically give a place on a server for a database and a membership system that is easily integrated into a android app I am developing? Something that would connect the users in my app like they do in instagram, or words with friends, or pretty much any other multiplayer game. (i am not looking for a facebook connect, or a twitter connect. just something that connects just my app together so to speak)

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

I don't believe that something like this already exists, though it seems like a good idea --
    whether it be implemented as an open source library, providing the architecture and APIs, but leaving the server and database requirements up to the devs themselves, or as a full service that provides everything, including server space and databsaes to the devs for a fee.

You might consider posting a thread for this in the apps request section. You might find someone willing to take on the task. In fact, the former approach would be fairly easy to implement. If I had the time, I would definitely take it on.