• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [APP] New Google Camera

xploPR

Android Expert
Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, VA.
Hey i found this app today and tested it on my N4 and works perfect, This is the new google camera apk, extracted from google edition smartphones, Enjoy!

Important: I didn't extracted i just found it and wanted to share with you.

SOURCE: New google camera

WARNING: Download & Install at YOUR OWN RISK, im NOT A DEV.. im just sharing because i downloaded the app and tested it on my N4 and it did not explode or melt.. once you hit download and install it's not my fault if your phone explodes

Download:

n2s.png

http://goo.gl/gT4xV

mfs9.jpg

One wonders why the QR code points to a dropbox location rather than the Play Store.

The OP is not the dev--Google is and it's (presumably) part of a stock ROM, so the Play Store would not be involved.

I think this is okay, however, the OP could post the source where it was found, though, so folks might feel better about its origins (i.e., I used the word "presumably" above since without knowing which factory image or stock ROM it was pulled from, folks can't really tell or know that this is not a modified .apk (unlikely as that may be, of course)).

Caveat emptor ;) :).

Reactions: xploPR and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The OP is not the dev--Google is and it's (presumably) part of a stock ROM, so the Play Store would not be involved.

I think this is okay, however, the OP could post the source where it was found, though, so folks might feel better about its origins (i.e., I used the word "presumably" above since without knowing which factory image or stock ROM it was pulled from, folks can't really tell or know that this is not a modified .apk (unlikely as that may be, of course)).

Caveat emptor ;) :).

Updated OP with source :)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones