1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support App not even showing in Market; PLZ HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xandria, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

I really want this Words with Friends app. But I can't even find it in the Market Place on my phone!!

I can find it online using my laptop, but when I try to download it that way, it says there is no mobile phone associated with the account.

CRAZY!! I have downloaded apps in the past. I have searched on google for an answer, but none help.

ANYONE?!? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Check app brain and see if there I is a minimum version of android that must be used.

Or you can try scanning the qr code

[​IMG]

3. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

You need get off of "stock 1.5"

Kind of like finding new software for a Windows ME computer

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Yeah, MarkHirt is probably right. The game most likely supports a more modern version of the operating system than Android 1.5. His analogy about Microsoft Windows ME, while comical, is also pretty accurate. I chuckled at it. :)

Perform the Android 2.1 RUU and see if you can see it on the Android Market then. You will need HTC Sync and the Android 2.1 RUU executable file to perform the update. ;)

5. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

It was meant to be both :)

6. Xandria

I scanned this but got the message:
    There are no matches in Android Market

7. Xandria

Ya, I was afraid this may be the case. :( I tried updating to 2.1 a while back, but gave up on it because my phone will NOT sync!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled HTC Sync several times. Apparently, it was not meant to be!!

I hate being so lame.

8. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

If you can get to any Sprint store, they will update it to 2.1 for you for free. :)

9. Xandria

Oh Gawd... NOOOO!!! If only you knew how much I HATE going into Sprint stores. :mad:

Walk in
    Wait
    Hand over phone
    - wipe phone
    - hard re-boot
    - revert to factory settings
    Pat me on head
    I go home and cry

10. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Sorry, I didn't know :( Just another way to get 2.1. :)

But even if you were able to upgrade to 2.1 on your own, you would basically be "wiping" your phone anyway. Your contacts would be saved, assuming they are "google" contacts, and you can re-download your apps....

Sounds like you need to make a choice: either get 2.1 (wiping included, unfortunately) or give up on being able to run the (2.1 only) apps you want. :(

Or root your Hero, and go beyond 2.1....:)

11. Xandria

Alright then. Thanks everyone for trying to help!! I don't know if I will get 2.1 or not. I am thinking I will HAVE to soon, though!

Anyone want to come to my house and help me? LOL

12. Macwilliam21

Macwilliam21 Newbie

Just go to the HTC website. And go to the support section and find your phone. Then go to downloads and download the new firmware, and the HTC sync. You don't need to install HTC sync just download it so when you plug in your phone it will install the drivers and stuff. And do usb debugging mode.

13. LBPHeretic

If you find that it does not work the first time you run the update, try running it again. I have found that it does not always work the first time, but normally does the second time.

Feel free to ask questions along the way. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here on the forums who are more than willing to help you out.

14. Xandria

What does that mean?

Also, so I want the fTP or the HTTP option?

15. Xandria

Haha, very funny. I can't even update the standard software, how am I going to root?! :eek:

16. Macwilliam21

Macwilliam21 Newbie

Settings>Applications>Developement>Usb Debugging.

17. Xandria

Okay!! I actually did it! I upgraded to 2.1 - update 1.

:):p:):p:):p:)

18. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

Now...root root root

19. LBPHeretic

Well, did upgrading to Android 2.1 at least solve your original problem? I agree with MahaloCat about rooting.

You will really be able to do a lot more with your Sprint HTC Hero if you root. Once you do it, you wonder why you did not do it sooner.

20. Xandria

Yes!! I am now playing Words with Friends! :D

21. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Lol! :) Glad to hear you got it working.

Tags: