1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App not "installed" but will run, keeps disappearing.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Tracy Dryden, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Tracy Dryden

Tracy Dryden Lurker

Why does Amazon Alexa app for Android not show up in my installed apps folder? When I go to the app store it says enable instead of download or open. It shows in my app list (usually) and I can run it fine. But it keeps disappearing. I guess because it's not actually "installed" just "enabled". Android version is 10.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

What device are you using?

3. James L

James L Android Expert

Maybe it’s part of the pre installed bloatware provided by your carrier?

Honestly I’m not sure it shows as an app on my iPhone and iPad. I have the option to install or uninstall Alexa.

I have Alexa do everything lol.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Tracy Dryden

Tracy Dryden Lurker

Lenovo Yoga tablet, model YT-X705F.

5. Tracy Dryden

Tracy Dryden Lurker

It wasn't preinstalled. My carrier is Mint Mobile, and my phone an unlocked Cubot X30 (from Amazon). I added Alexa when I got my Echo Dot. I can uninstall it from my apps list, but when I use my file manager to look at my installed apps files, it's not there (it is on my phone). As long as it appears in my app list, and on my home screen, I can run it, but it disappears regularly.

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

"Enable" implies that it is disabled. That will stop it appearing in the app drawer, though it is still installed. However it should not run when disabled. So what you describe would make sense if something was enabling and disabling it, but what that would be isn't obvious. Some phones have a setting to automatically disable apps that aren't used, but that should only happen if it's unused for months. If your phone has such a setting though you can probably exclude it from such disabling, or turn the feature off completely.

Unless you are rooted file managers are not a reliable way of looking at installed apps.

7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I personally wouldn't give it another thought. It's not hindering your device if installed or not.

James L, puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.
  8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it disappears regularly on your homescreen? have you uninstalled and then re-install it? and it should not really appear with a file manager. app "drawer" yes, but not in any folder like other files.

James L, puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  9. Tracy Dryden

Tracy Dryden Lurker

It's not technically hindering my device, but it IS hindering my ability to use the Alexa app, since I have to keep enabling it.

10. Tracy Dryden

Tracy Dryden Lurker

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didn't help. It appears in my file drawer (until something disables it again), but doesn't show up in my installed apps folder. I'm not having this problem on my Cubot X30 phone.

11. Tracy Dryden

Tracy Dryden Lurker

I have no idea what could be removing it. I used it almost daily.

Amazon Alexa

Amazon Alexa Forum

com.amazon.dee.app

Use the Amazon Alexa App to set up your Alexa-enabled devices, listen to music, create shopping lists, get news updates, and much more. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary, and personal preferences. DISCOVER MORE • Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa • Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills • Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books MANAGE YOUR DEVICES • Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go • Create routines to automate your smart home devices MUSIC & BOOKS • Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices • Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music ORGANIZE YOUR DAY • View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more STAY CONNECTED • Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom • Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost

READ MORE
March 12, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
10M+
Installs