• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"app not installed" error on installing rebuild recompiled resigned after editing mod apk editor?

kumaranil13k

Jan 10, 2020
How to solve "app not installed" error on installing rebuild recompiled resigned after editing modifying app manifest through Apk editor for changing Android storage location?

I was trying to edit manifest installLocation="preferExternal" I tried with to modify apk manifest of installed app through apk editor app from apk editor apps comman edit option menu it worked successfully with many apps it recompiled rebuild and resigned and then I unistalled installed and moved the app it worked great and made unmovable apps movable

But some of the user apps apk mainfest edited changed builded signed properly but after uninstalling and reinstalling recompiled rebuilds resigned apps again it gave error "app not.installed " out of 10 apps I edited modified it didn't worked for 3 apps but 7 it worked installed perfectly.

I saw some video on YouTube they resigned the file recompiled rebuild file by all editor with zip signer app or apksigner app I tried with Both but still same error

Is there any other parameters to be changed in manifest to resolve the problem.Or its not possible to rebuild edit with some other apps.

Is there alternative apps like apk editor which modifies edits apk mainfest and auto decompile compile builds signs automatically .

Any solution suggestion advice for solving the problem

are you coding a new app? or is this for an existing app from another developer?

@ocnbrze bro thanks for replying sharing your precious time and knowledge grateful to see you answering my all posts and get to see you in coding development forum to
Bro I am leaning coding of Android apps by self study but just a beginner starter but not developed yet any app just learnt from help of my expert brothers like you little bit.

I posted this to edit some existing apps as my mobile internal memory is full. Kindly suggest help if you can my 70%. Apps is been moved but 30% still in internal memory stopping me install more apps for technical study r&d

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones