• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App Not Installed Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the Nexus 4 around 6 months back and I am loving it. I have a few games downloaded from a torrent site and I am trying to install them on my Nexus. Games like Modern Combat 4, N.O.V.A. 3 and such. I successfully installed COD: Strike Team but with MC4 and NOVA3 when I install the apk, the installation ends with a message "APP Not Installed". I have the data files of the games in the SD/Android/obb folder, I have ticked allow apps from unknown sources and there is sufficient space (around 2.55 GB) on my phone. Can anyone help me with this because I really want to play those games on my phone.
Thanks in advance!

There are two potential problems (just for your problem, not the legal problem or the problem with malware):

1) The app may have been packaged for the torrent incorrectly. Most people who make torrents are straining the limits of their ability to just package a video. Packaging a program that involves more than one file? They may have left out a critical file.

2) The apps you downloaded may not run on a Nexus 4. Not all compilations of all apps run on all phones.

Reactions: k0ushik
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply!
I have checked the torrent comments and it seems to work for some people with GS4 and other phones. I have checked compatibility with Modern Combat 4 and the Nexus 4 should be able to run it without any problems.
The main issue is that i cant get the apk only to install. If it was installed and then some issue was there i would understand, but I cant seem to make anything of this.
Anyways thanks for the reply.
P.S. Can anyone suggest some good sites to get some games for the Nexus 4? I mean like good graphic intensive games with their data files provided.

Upvote 0
P.S. Can anyone suggest some good sites to get some games for the Nexus 4? I mean like good graphic intensive games with their data files provided.

You seem to be asking about erm... "unofficial" sources of commercial games - presumably without payment - which is not a subject open for discussion in this forum.

If you're asking about legitimate free games sites then please accept my apologies :)

Upvote 0
Please note that downloading paid games for free is Piracy, which is something that cannot be discussed here.

If you download apps from non-legitimate sources (places other than the Google Play Store/the App Developers website), then there is a possibility that malwear has been included.

Apps generally aren't that expensive... support devs, pay for apps!

If anyone has a problem with the lock, PM me :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones