1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support App Not Installed Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by k0ushik, Jan 3, 2014.

1. k0ushik

k0ushik Newbie
    None

Jan 30, 2012
    Male
    Muscat, Oman
    I just got the Nexus 4 around 6 months back and I am loving it. I have a few games downloaded from a torrent site and I am trying to install them on my Nexus. Games like Modern Combat 4, N.O.V.A. 3 and such. I successfully installed COD: Strike Team but with MC4 and NOVA3 when I install the apk, the installation ends with a message "APP Not Installed". I have the data files of the games in the SD/Android/obb folder, I have ticked allow apps from unknown sources and there is sufficient space (around 2.55 GB) on my phone. Can anyone help me with this because I really want to play those games on my phone.
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    There are two potential problems (just for your problem, not the legal problem or the problem with malware):

1) The app may have been packaged for the torrent incorrectly. Most people who make torrents are straining the limits of their ability to just package a video. Packaging a program that involves more than one file? They may have left out a critical file.

2) The apps you downloaded may not run on a Nexus 4. Not all compilations of all apps run on all phones.

k0ushik likes this.
  3. k0ushik

k0ushik Newbie
    None

Jan 30, 2012
    Male
    Muscat, Oman
    Thanks for the reply!
    I have checked the torrent comments and it seems to work for some people with GS4 and other phones. I have checked compatibility with Modern Combat 4 and the Nexus 4 should be able to run it without any problems.
    The main issue is that i cant get the apk only to install. If it was installed and then some issue was there i would understand, but I cant seem to make anything of this.
    Anyways thanks for the reply.
    P.S. Can anyone suggest some good sites to get some games for the Nexus 4? I mean like good graphic intensive games with their data files provided.

4. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Waterfoot, Lancashire
    You seem to be asking about erm... "unofficial" sources of commercial games - presumably without payment - which is not a subject open for discussion in this forum.

If you're asking about legitimate free games sites then please accept my apologies :)

Mikestony and D-U-R-X like this.
  5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Please note that downloading paid games for free is Piracy, which is something that cannot be discussed here.

If you download apps from non-legitimate sources (places other than the Google Play Store/the App Developers website), then there is a possibility that malwear has been included.

Apps generally aren't that expensive... support devs, pay for apps!

If anyone has a problem with the lock, PM me :)

Hadron, Unforgiven, John Bean and 2 others like this.
Tags: