• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root app not installing

androidlover14

Android Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2010
Orlando, FL
I switched back to Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 but not through nandroid. Just a start over. So for some reason I can install everything back except Angry Birds. I know that is really bad luck. Any app but angry birds:(. So I have tried all the ways I can think of. Through the market, d/l from getjar and install thru astro, and I have put it in the system app folder thru root explorer. Also tried installing thru root explorer. And Angry Birds lite won't install either.

Help please! I have an addiction to attend to:D

what exactly is happening when you try and install it? Does it not appear in the market or does it just say installation failed?
All I can suggest is try deleting all traces of the app as it relates to being installed. Then if you have the .apk saved somewhere use root explorer to move it to the system, if thats where you want it to be. Find the .apk using root explorer, long press it, hit copy, now navigate to system/app, then hit the mount button, then hit paste, then the mount button again. Now reboot your phone. then navigate back to the system/app location using root explorer, find the apk, long press it and click install (i think you have to mount again but i forget, so just do whatever the phone tells you). It should then install fine to your phone. this may or may not work, but hopefully it does. If not, I hope someone else can help you. good luck

Upvote 0
I just had one more thought but this one is way out of left field. I kind of doubt it will work but I guess its worth a shot. Maybe try and go into settings>manage applications, click the tab up top so you can see all your apps listed. Find the market app and go in there. Then click the buttons to clear cache and the clear data. Then try and re download angry birds from the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones