1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

app not showing in launcher, but shortcut is created in home

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by starmandell, Aug 16, 2012.

1. starmandell

starmandell Newbie

hello, i have a galaxy s3 and i just recently purchased an app. a shortcut gets created on my homescreen which is expected, however it doesn't show up in my launcher. i believe launcher is the term to describe that icon where it displays all of your apps/widgets. am i correct?

normally all the apps i purchase or download show up in there. but this one hasn't. any idea why? ive tried restarting my phone and deleting the app and installing it again but it still doesn't show.

thanks = )

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

(that's called the app drawer, not the launcher)
    u sure you didnt accidentally hide the app? If so: go to app drawer, press the menu button, hit "hide apps" and uncheck the box next to the apps name.

Another option is this:
    If what you downloaded is a widget-app that has no activities besides configuration, sometimes it does not show up in the ICS app drawer. When you uninstall the main app that the widget belongs to, the widget will also uninstall.

3. starmandell

starmandell Newbie

oh thanks for clarifying its an app drawer = )

no the app isn't hidden. i wonder if its just that particular app. i cleared the cache for it as well and rebooted. i uninstalled it like 4 times but it just never shows up. i downloaded another app shortly afterwards and it shows up in my drawer

4. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

Can you tell me what app it is? I can check how it behaves on my phone.

starmandell likes this.
  5. starmandell

starmandell Newbie

6. miyooper

miyooper Well-Known Member

A live wallpaper won't have a shortcut in the drawer. It will only show up in the wallpaper list. Settings-wallpaper-homescreen-live wallpaper - the one will paid for will be in that list.

7. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

That's because Galaxy S3 Dandelion LWP dows not just load wallpapers to the device, but it's an app itself which allows you to chose different options etc.

8. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I'm really sorry to be pedantic but the app drawer and the home screens are both parts of the launcher.

9. starmandell

starmandell Newbie

hmmm possibly. though the app i purchased has a plethora of options as well. i could change colors, different themes, camera angles etc. i think that should be considered an app as well

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews