• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Purchase rules

The purchase is linked to your google account. You can't install the same app on multiple devices. However if that second device is originally registered with your google account also, then it should work.

I just rooted a Nook Color and used the same Google account on it as I have on my Droid X. I was able to download purchased apps onto the Nook Color with no problem. If this is against the Market rules, then I have stumbled onto doing a bad thing. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Market never recognized my DX but does recognize my NC. I don't know.

If using the same paid app on multiple devices is illegal/unethical, then what happens when people buy a tablet? Are we expected to create a second account just for the tablet? That seems inefficient and wasteful.

Reactions: Cryptic79
Upvote 0
The purchase is linked to your google account. You can't install the same app on multiple devices. However if that second device is originally registered with your google account also, then it should work.

Wrong...you can sign in under your account under multiple devices. If you access the market from a device you are signed into you can download all your paid apps again free since the apps are tied to the account they were purchased under

Reactions: Cryptic79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones