1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support App question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teaguzzler, Dec 17, 2009.

1. teaguzzler

teaguzzler Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Would running an app to listen to the radio drain the battery fast?

Advertisement

2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    If the display stays lit, yes. If the volume is turned way up, that couldn't help either.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Depends on what your definition of "fast" is. Will it drain the battery faster? Yes. Anything that uses a constant stream of data and creates audio is going to use a lot of battery. The life on my Droid is excellent though. I usually use Pandora or Last.FM radio at work for at least a few hours and the phone still has plenty of juice when I go to bed.

4. teaguzzler

teaguzzler Member

Dec 9, 2009
    I'm using an app called Vinyl. I can listen to a radio station from Sweden. I had it playing for a few hours. Earlier I had been on the phone for about an hour. The battery status bar went yellow, so I stopped it. Do you think there's something wrong with the battery?

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Probably not. The battery is pretty good, but voice calls will use a good chunk of it, as will radio. I use Internet radio quite a bit, but I don't spend a lot of time making voice calls (maybe 5-10 minutes per day) so your battery is going to drain faster than mine if you're talking for an hour or more. I also don't know what other apps you have that may be running / affecting your battery life on your phone. It should probably be OK, though.