1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General App refresh

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jonathan Connor, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Jonathan Connor

None

Jul 10, 2016
    Male
    Everytime i re-open my apps like Facebook, it takes me to the top of my feed. Is there anyway to change this. I have a Samsung galaxy S7 Edge fully updated to lollipop 6.0.1. I want it to remember where I left off on the app.

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    @Jonathan Connor
    WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS!

I don't fb,but,would using a browser for fb be acceptable?
    I had the S7 Edge briefly & don't remember it having issues keeping recent activity in memory.
    I suspect it could be an app issue,or,a setting within the fb app that needs to be tweaked.
    I haven't heard one good thing about the Android version of the fb app,which leads me to believe it's an app issue.
    Hopefully others will chime-in with their experiences with the app &/or the S7 Edge & have something to offer.

3. Jonathan Connor

None

Jul 10, 2016
    Male
    It isn't just the Facebook app. The instagram one and others do it. When you leave the app and open it up again it just takes you to the top of the feed again. It's more annoying than anything and I rarely use my Web browser to do anything I use apps for everything.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Wish I had an answer.
    The only other thing that I could think of is if your background processes are being killed-off by one of the following:
    1) If you've delved into Developer Options & changed the settings for processes running,or:
    2) You've got a battery saver app/task manager/etc... installed. If this is the case,ditch it like a bad habit.Such apps are responsible for more harm than good,killing off apps needlessly.

5. Jonathan Connor

None

Jul 10, 2016
    Male
    My manager has the same phone and it does the same with him. It's the software itself. I haven't changed nothing with the developer option and I haven't downloaded any apps to do with that. They're all a waste of space. I end my background apps myself one every few days. Bless you for trying though your helps appreciated buddy!

KOLIO likes this.
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I remember the S6/Edge & Note5 had memory management issues when 1st released,but,updates & MarshMallow seemed to address those issues.
    I honestly didn't think the S7 had issues w/RAM,but,then again,I didn't have the phone but a few weeks,hardly enough time to get acclimated/aggravated with memory issues.

IDK if root/ROMS are an option for you,but,typically,most aftermarket ROMS are an improvement over stock & RAM Management is usually one of the 1st issues addressed/improved upon if need be.

Anyone out there have some suggestions?

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.